Saturday, May 22, 2010

How do I delete old screen names from AIM?

I have 3 i need to delete b/c i don't use them anymore...Please let me know how i can delete them...thanks!

How do I delete old screen names from AIM?
According to the official AIM.com website,





"Q: Can I delete one of my old AIM screen names?


A: No, you cannot delete old AIM screen names at this time. However, you can prevent other users from finding one of your screen names by performing the following steps:





Windows: Select the My AIM menu, click My Options, and then click Edit Preferences. After the window appears, click the Controls tab, and click Nothing about me.





Macintosh: Select the Edit menu, and click Preferences. After the window appears, click the Controls tab, and click Nothing about me.





You can also and remove any information from your profile that would lead other users to find your screen name. You can access your profile from My AIM menu on Windows or the People menu on Mac OS."





When you've decided not to use your screennames anymore, you might want to try changing the email address that you used to registered it with to a nonexistent email address. That way, people won't find out about you.





=======================





Hope this helps! For more info check out the link below. ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment