Saturday, May 22, 2010

Windows won't let me delete partition?

I am trying to re-install Windows and wipe out everything (I already zipped stuff I need and sent them to another computer). When I do the setup and try to delete my C: Partition, it doesn't let me. It says it is unable to do so since there are temporary files on there needed for setup. How do I get around this?

Windows won't let me delete partition?
If you are re-installing windows totally from a disk, you need to use a Windows 98 start up disk to remove your non-dos partition.
Reply:Hi,


just do this, put your windows install disc into your CD drive and then reboot your system, when it boots from the disc select install, then reformat, then install again (back onto the same partition again (that's important) and "Bingo" you have done a clean install of windows XP, and don't forget to backup all your stuff first. hope this helps you.


No comments:

Post a Comment