Saturday, May 22, 2010

How do I install Windows XP COMPLETELY! i.e. 100% removed in C: Drive?

I am kinda fustrated with my computer. I mean I know how to reinstall new XP by placing the CD in and let it install new one which I have done quite several times before.





However, whenever it has been reinstalled and starts the new XP, it is completely new but there are some files that were still there in C: drive I see such as the old program files and whenever I install new setup files, it will ask me like "do you wish to overwrite"





So my question is, how do you actually install the new XP completely i.e. C: drive everything removed when I start the new XP afterwards.





The reason is becasue my CPU is somehow slow and even after I have reinstalled it, my computer is still running slow as it never happened like that before





Or maybe, if you can teach me how to delete C: drive TOTALLY first before installing XP, would that be more appropriate and the right way to do? I dunno





If you can help me with this would be very much appreciated





Cheers

How do I install Windows XP COMPLETELY! i.e. 100% removed in C: Drive?
You need to completely 0 (zero) your hard drive (best method) or at the very least, format it.





To zero, download the utility from your hard drive manufacturer. This puts the entire drive back in the state it came from the manufacturer in. This is the BEST method for clearing a drive and preparing for an OS load.





To format, download a utility that will allow you to boot from floppy or CD and format the drive. Then boot from the WinXP CD and perform a fresh install. Second best method.





If you don't have access to the utilities, boot windows in Safe Mode, then go into the Operating System (START%26gt;RUN%26gt;CMD) and start deleting the Windows directory, you won't be able to delete it all, but if you hose it up badly enough, your operating system will be trashed, and you can boot from the WinXP CD. During the install, you will be prompted to format the hard drive. Kind of the hard way, but it works in a pinch.





Good luck
Reply:When you do the XP install, you have to delete the partition(There is an option for this when you are choosing where to install XP).





Then after you delete it, you will select the option to create a new partition in the unused space. Quick Format it to NTFS and you're on your way.


No comments:

Post a Comment